A new roof is a big investment, which is why you don’t want to let just anyone handle the job. Before you hire a roofing company to replace your roof or repair the current one, it’s important to do a little research and know what questions you should ask of them before you hire them for the job. The next time you’re in need of a roofing contractor use this checklist to determine their reliability.
- Are they licensed?
- Do they have liability insurance?
- Do they carry workers compensation insurance?
- Who performs the work; company owner, employees, subcontractors?
- Verify whether there will be workers on the job every day until completed.
- Do they have a procedure in case of bad weather during the project?
- Do they have a warranty on installation and workmanship? If so, what’s the duration?
- Does the contract specify materials and brands to be used? Make sure it does and that these products carry warranties.
- Make sure cleanup is included in the bid, including gutters and ground areas.
- Is the contractor’s bid significantly lower than others? Be careful – quality may be an issue.
You and your family live and work under the roof of your home. It’s important that it’s crafted well, with reliable materials that offer a warranty. Once you’ve chosen a roofing company, be sure to get a written contract which includes the scope of the project, the materials to be used and their specifications, the dates for beginning and completion of the job and an itemized list of cost for all materials and labor. If you’re in Florida and are looking for an honest, reliable roofer, call the Jacksonville roofing company at A Crown Roofing.