5 Reasons You Might Need a New Roof
When someone asks, “Why would I need a new roof?” there are a number of possible answers. Roofs don’t last forever — even well-built roofs have a lifespan of about 25 years — and most homes need to have their roofs replaced at some point. In fact, our Jacksonville roofing contractors note that there are actually several reasons a home may need a new roof.
- Damage – Florida weather can be unpredictable, and major storms are a fact of life. One gust of wind is all it takes for that 100-year-old oak tree to fall — and if it lands on your roof, you’ll need a new one. Wind, rain, and falling debris can all damage your roof beyond repair, meaning a replacement is in your future.
- Improve Property Value – When you’re trying to sell a home, everything counts — down to the color and condition of your shingles. If your roof is in questionable condition, or just ugly (it happens!) it can reduce the value of your property and deter buyers. Having quality Jacksonville roofing contractors replace the roof before you put the house on the market can improve the chances of getting an offer — and a better offer.
- Water Damage – Water is in a class of its own when it comes to roofing. Sometimes, leaks are obvious (like when you have to keep a bucket in the middle of the dining room table to catch drips), but that’s usually a sign that things have gotten really bad. Water damage starts slowly, and the places where the signs are visible aren’t always where the water is coming in. However, if you see any signs of water damage, such as water spots on the ceiling or walls or in the attack, as well as mold and mildew, call a Jacksonville roofing contractor immediately!
- Age – Again, most roofs, or more specifically roofing shingles, are designed for about 20 to 25 years of useful life. Your roof may last longer, but if it’s been a few decades, it’s likely trouble is brewing and you’ll need a new roof.
- Renovations – If you add on to your house, or do a full-scale exterior renovation, you might need a new roof. The color, style, and material of your room goes a long way toward achieving a particular aesthetic, so if you’re making renovations, a new roof may be required for the look you want.
So as you can see, there are many reasons a homeowner might need to replace a roof. Regardless of your reason you need a roof, though, A Crown Roofing Jacksonville roofing contractors are here to help, and can help you design a roof that is attractive and durable for years to come.